About Health and Safety Authority
The Health and Safety Authority was established in 1989 under the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act, 1989 and reports to the Minister for Business, Enterprise and Innovation. The Authority has a number of major roles which include:
- The national statutory body with responsibility for ensuring that over 2 million workers (employed and self-employed) and those affected by work activity are protected from work related injury and ill-health. We do this by enforcing occupational health and safety law, promoting accident prevention, and providing information and advice across all sectors, including retail, healthcare, manufacturing, fishing, entertainment, mining, construction, agriculture and food services.
- The lead National Competent Authority for a number of chemicals regulations including REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals) Regulation and Seveso II Directive. Our responsibility in this area is to protect human health (general public, consumers and workers) and the environment, to enhance competitiveness and innovation and ensure free movement of chemicals in the EU market.
· A key agency involved in market surveillance and ensuring the safety of products used in workplaces and consumer applications. We have a remit to protect 4.5 million citizens from unsafe products and articles and to enable the international movement and trade of goods manufactured in Ireland.
Mercury, founded in Dublin, Ireland in 1972, continues to operate as an entrepreneurial European Contractor. We are dedicated to achieving the highest possible standards of Health & Safety and living our values of Dynamic, Brave and Make it Happen.
We build and manage complex engineering projects across a range of key sectors, taking our clients to new territories they never thought possible. Our focus is to work in sectors that enhance development in technology, wellbeing and the built environment.
We believe that real innovation happens if you’re willing to be brave. Mercury is led by a multidisciplinary team of individuals from diverse backgrounds, steered by our CEO Eoin Vaughan. Our leadership team is passionate about creating innovation and change. Our Group-wide strategy, Beyond50, is about harnessing the momentum we’ve built up over 50 years to push further and reach further.
About Walls Construction
Walls Construction is an Irish owned building contractor operating nationally with offices in Dublin and Cork. The business was established by PJ Walls in 1950 and is today recognised as one of Ireland’s leading construction companies, with a reputation for quality and building excellence and customer service.
In 2015, the executive team, supported by private investors including members of the Walls family, acquired the company and this investor blend has enabled us to continue to expand the business. Critical to this growth is the strength of our clients and the relationships we have forged over the years with key subcontractor partners and other professionals.
We are proud of the experience of our leadership team and the skills and ability of our employees, both the construction teams with proven expertise in delivering projects, often to demanding timescales while meeting the highest quality standards, and our dedicated support personnel.
In all we do, safety is our main priority so that everyone on a Walls project arrives safe, works safe and leaves safe. We attract and retain a talented workforce whose skills are constantly developed through an investment in training and continuous professional development, and we have achieved accreditation and best in class awards in quality, construction performance and environmental building practices.
Since our foundation over 70 years ago, key to our success has been customer service, with a commitment to putting the needs of our clients first and realising the vision of their professional design teams. We acknowledge the trust and confidence they place in our hands and we diligently protect their reputation and core values.
Finally, while our relationships are personal, where ideas are shared and problem solving is collaborative, our approach to managing projects to successful outcomes is always based on delivering value.
About EMS Environmental Monitoring Systems
Established in 1999, EMS Environmental Monitoring Systems are an independent privately owned “Limited” company working with many of the world’s leading manufacturers of instrumentation for the Environmental and Safety professional.
Applications covered by our instrumentation includes:
- Air Quality Monitoring of gaseous pollutants and particulates
- Data acquisition systems for both air quality and emission applications
- Emission Monitoring of gases, flow and particulates
- Gas blending and dilution for calibration purposes
- Meteorological measurement systems
- Noise monitoring, both environmental and workplace
- Workplace monitoring of gases and particulates
As well as product sales EMS offer a full after sales service and on-going support as your requirements changes over time.
About Groundforce Safety
Groundforce Safety offers the widest range of confined space safety and environmental monitoring equipment for hire or sale, to the Irish market, dealing in the areas of gas monitoring, breathing air and fall arrest systems as well as vibration, noise and dust monitoring.
The company’s dedication to excellence has seen it achieve ISO 9001, 14001 and 18001 accreditation to reinforce our commitment to health and safety, quality, excellence and the environment
With an emphasis on quality equipment and efficient service, you are in safe hands with Groundforce Safety!
About Health & Safety Review
Providing you with essential information you need to manage
Safety, Health, and Environmental affairs in your Workplace
At Health & Safety Review we understand managing workplace safety, health and environmental affairs is important to you and the businesses you work for. We also realise keeping track of legislation, guidance and current information can be challenging.
That is why we are eager to provide you with the most efficient information service in an easily understandable format, when you need to know it, so you can do your job to the highest standards possible. Our service enables you do this easily and quickly, saving you time and effort.
Health & Safety Review provides its clients with the following.
- 10 hardcopy/online publications per year containing essential news and information on relevant EHS topics i.e. remote working, vaccinations, GDPR, Judicial Council Personal Injury Guidelines, Covid-19 regulations and protocols, climate action bill, carbon budgets.
- A rapid email alert system that delivers breaking news and time sensitive information i.e. Government roadmaps, Work Safely Protocol, Safe Pass training changes.
- An annual Dictionary of all EHS Legislation, accessible in hardcopy and online.
- A growing list of concise and editable checklists, guides, and templates on all EHS topics
- Practical summaries of relevant EHS court cases: personal injury claims and prosecutions for breaches of health and safety and environmental regulations.
- A databank of statistics to help you benchmark your organisation’s health and safety performance.
· Access to all back issues of HSR with over 25 years of content available.
- A yearly updated Directory of OSH Consultants and Training Providers.
- Website with a search function featuring the latest on all EHS and Covid-19 topics.
- Profiles of companies who have won awards for their health and safety performance.
- Interviews with those who shape and influence policy.
- Reduced fees to our highly rated Annual Conference covering topical EHS affairs.
We are a Resource Training Management & Safety Compliance Platform that removes compliance risk, saves time & money for companies & training providers alike.
Jobs we streamline within organisations:
Staff Onboarding, Inductions & LMS
A ‘total LMS solution’ for your business with paperless onboarding, online inductions & custom elearning
Resource Training & Compliance Management
An application for HSEQ and operations teams to manage compliance and training for their staff & Supply Chain
Booking & Scheduling Training
A marketplace to search & book internal and public training
For Training Providers
Skillko is a complete training operations solution that allows training providers to scale their business & offer unrivaled customer experience!
About Westport Equipment Limited
Westport Equipment Limited is a specialist rental business providing products to contracting firms who support a broad range of markets from our Dunboyne HQ. Our products are used in Housebuilding, Construction, Civil Engineering, Utility, Temporary Works and Event sectors. The range of products offered includes Specialist System Scaffolding from Layher, Temporary Edge Protection Systems by RAPID EPS using the innovative “Rapid Post” No Drill solution, Lightweight Shoring systems with unique lightweight aluminium “City Box” Trench Boxes available, Stairway Towers by Layher, Temporary Fencing and Crowd control barriers by ZND, Personal Protective Equipment specifically for working at height applications though our sole agency for the SpanSet range of products including the market leading Double Retractable Lanyard “DSL2” and “Gotcha” Rescue Kits, Building Equipment including Formwork Props and steel trestles with high load capacity by Schake. Proud to be an independent Irish Rental Business with a focus on providing quality products of European manufacture. Liam Brew with Ruairi O’Neill of Westport Equipment and Sam Wilkinson, who is the Training Manager at SpanSet which trains over 25,000 candidates per year in a range of safety and competence courses around working at height and rescue, will be exhibiting at the CIF Health & Safety Summit 2022 Live on Tuesday the 24th May 2022.
About Contech Specialist Building Products
In business for 30 years, Irish company Contech Specialist Building Products have continuously identified the needs of the evolving construction sector. During this time, we have introduced technical solutions to deal with thermal bridging in balconies, green roof systems, waterproofing for old and new structures, and concrete protection & formwork for civil engineering structures etc.
In the last 10 years we have included a new division to our business dealing specifically with Site Safety and Access where we focus on the sale and hire of items that improve safety on large sites around the country.
Included are: Edge Protection (slab edge barriers, catch fans, and fall-protection systems), Work Zone Access (adjustable aluminium stairs and passerelles), Loading (retractable loading platforms and static working platforms), Propping (push-pull props and acrows), Plant (battery powered mini dumper with tipping mechanism).
We hope to meet you at the CIF Health & Safety Summit on May 24th. Or for more information please contact us at [email protected] or 059 915 1350
Who are Industry Training Services?
Industry training services(ITS) was formed in 2000 by civil engineer Brendan Crealey.
After a career working on large UK motorway and infrastructure projects, Brendan wanted to put his site experience to good use in the training environment and formed the company after getting some experience training at the CITB.
From humble beginnings in a business unit in Maghery Co. Tyrone the company has grown to what it is today, market leader in the construction health and safety field plus a good many more sectors…
ITS is trusted by its clients to deliver the highest standard of training and has developed its services and now operates mainly in the following sectors.
Construction and civil engineering
- Manufacturing and engineering
- Local authorities
- Gas and electricity distribution.
Site-Mate is Ireland’s premier supplier of health & safety, site products, tools, traffic management and signage to the construction industry. We have many years of experience in providing and sourcing quality, reliable and trusted products nationwide.
Site-Mate are 100% committed to offering the highest levels of customer service including:
• An ever-expanding product range
• A fast and efficient delivery service
• The most competitive packages
• A skilled sales team
• A friendly and knowledgeable staff
About Ayrton Group
At Ayrton Group we offer a suite of safety and risk management resources to clients in Ireland, Europe and the UK. Our services include workplace and facility audits, site inspections, fire safety audits, risk assessments, safety training, staffing solutions and more. Find out more about who we are, and what we can do for you.