Health & safety in the construction industry has been dramatically altered by Covid-19. The pandemic has impacted all aspects of construction projects including how workers interact with each other on-site, how daily toolbox talks are conducted, how our employees’ mental health and wellbeing is supported, how inspections are performed as well as addressing how the processes around permitting and environmental compliance are managed.
The CIF’s annual Health & Safety Summit is the industry’s foremost annual event to focus on the most critical safety, health and risk issues impacting your construction business. If your goal is to protect the safety and health of the men and women working in your organisation, then this conference is for you.
Our top priority is the safety and health of our attendees, speakers and staff and with that in mind, this year’s event will be fully virtual, allowing you to take part in the event from the convenience of your own home or office and connect with colleagues from further afield. Our virtual platform gives you access to the full conference agenda, a virtual exhibition hall, the opportunity to network and connect with your peers and access to content post-event.
Our agenda is in development but here are the key themes and topics we are planning for our 2020 speaker programme:
- Back in business – strategies for optimising individual and organisational wellbeing and resilience
- Communication strategies – effective protocols for safe working in a Covid world
- Leveraging communications technology to drive on-site safety. We’ll hear about the new technology and digital platforms that are delivering engaging training sessions that ultimately reduce risk for the front-line workforce and improve the bottom line
- Managing risk on-site: Views on best practice
- Tech trends: The rapidly changing world of safety including how AI is changing construction risk management
- Mental health & wellbeing: How to look after the mental health of your workforce in an ever-changing normal
Our event welcomes anyone with an interest in health and safety in the construction industry. It’s a must for all professionals with responsibility for managing and organising health and safety in their organisation including, but not limited to:
- Business owners, directors and senior managers
- Health and safety leaders
- Worker representatives
- Build and design professionals
- Contractors and sub-contractors
- Local authorities, semi-state agencies, government departments and universities
- Legal firms
Companies who have attended past CIF events include these well-known names:
ABB, ABM Design & Build, AIB bank, Arthur Cox, Anthony Neville Homes, Ardmac, Astra Construction Services, Autodesk, Ballymore Properties, Balfour Beatty, BAM Contractors, Bank of Ireland, Beauchamps Solicitors, BP Developments, Byrne Wallace, Canadian Embassy, CapCon Engineering, Cardinal Capital, Castlethorn Construction, Clancy Construction, Cleary and Doyle Construction, Clúid Housing, Collen Construction, Co-operative Housing Ireland, Cork County Council, Cushman & Wakefield, DAA, Davy, Deloitte, Dept. Education and Skills, Dept. Housing, Planning and Local Government, DIT, DPS Engineering, DTZ Sherry Fitzgerald, Dublin City Council, Duggan Bros. Ltd, Durkan Residential, Earlsfort Centre Development, Engineers Ireland, Enterprise Ireland, ESB Networks, EY, Fingal County Council, Gannon Homes, Gas Networks Ireland, House2Home Retrofit Ltd, Hooke & MacDonald, Hill International, Irish Green Building Council, John Paul Construction, John Sisk & Son, Jones Engineering, Kelland Homes, Kilsaran Concrete, Kingspan, Kirby Group Engineering, Lidl Ireland, Limerick 2030, Mace, Manley Construction, Matheson, McCann Fitzgerald, Mercury Engineering, Mott MacDonald, Musgraves, NAMA, NTMA, Neville Homes Ltd, O’Flynn Construction, Phillip Lee, Punch Consulting Engineers,
“Excellent forum for networking and safety innovation in construction technology”
“Very well organised and found it very interesting”
“Excellent event overall. Very relevant topics discussed”
To adapt to the current environment and the growing demand for delegates to enjoy the conference experience in an online manner, The CIF Health & Safety Summit 2020 will come to you as a virtual event.
While our delegates will join in from the comfort of their homes and offices across Ireland and around the world, the event itself will be broadcast live from our dedicated studio in Dublin. Many of our speakers and panellists will appear live on stage, while our international keynotes and participants will be video-conferenced in to join the conversation.
Delegates will have the opportunity to step into the unique virtual summit environment, which includes access to the main virtual conference stage for the full day, live speaker & panel Q&A sessions, a virtual exhibition hall, copies of presentations & content post-event, as well as the opportunity to network, connect and chat with fellow online attendees, speakers and partners in real time.
Virtual attendance will be easily facilitated by our specially customised conferencing platform and dedicated AV team.
Benefits of virtual attendance include:
- Access to Virtual Main Stage for all keynotes, presentations and debates
- Video content of the latest technology
- Opportunities to meet 100’s of attendees virtually, and set up meetings and conversations
- Online virtual exhibition hall
- Meet the industry using our matchmaking and profiling facilities
- Copy of attendee list post-event
- Copy of all presentations post-event
- Plus VAT
Get 4 tickets for the price of 3
- Plus VAT
Get 10 tickets for the price of 6
- Plus VAT
Get 20 tickets for the price of 10
- Plus VAT
Our Sponsors and Exhibitors